How has the world changed in the past ten years?
- Cell phones have become ubiquitous.
- Everyone is on the internet.
- Broadcast TV has shifted from analog to digital.
- High speed access to the internet is available everywhere.
- Many people think of the library as somewhere to go to use a computer.
- Wikipedia has become a creditable research resource.
- There are working prototypes of flying cars (horizontal fan style).
- We survived the Y2K scare.
- We survived a major terrorist attack.
- We survived 8 years of the Bush administration.
- The DVR has freed people to watch what they want when they want to watch it (without the commercials if they like).
- Dynamic languages are making a strong comeback.
- Hybrid gas-electric cars are a fairly large segment of the automobile market.
- The space shuttle is near end of life, as is the International Space Station.
- We have a black president.
- We are experiencing climate change unprecedented in modern times.
- I am a grandfather.
So much for the short list. I may revisit the question in a couple of days if I think of any important changes that I forgot.